Identity Theft

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Department of Veteran's Affairs is asking all veterans to monitor bank statements, credit card statements, and any statements relating to recent financial transactions, and to report any suspicious or unusual activity. One way to monitor financial accounts is to review your credit report. By law you are entitled to one free credit report each year. Request a free annual credit report from one of the three major credit bureaus- Equifax,Experian, TransUnion- at or by calling 877.322.8228.For tips on how to guard against misuse of personal information, or to order a report on-line, visit the Federal Trade Commission website at


Back to News

A Pledge for Life Partnership Initiative
1 Stuart Drive
Kankakee, IL 60901